Diamond painting is the latest craft phenomenon, but what is it, and how do you do it? Use this handy guide to answer all your questions so that you can get started.
What is Diamond Painting?
Diamond painting is the art of placing tiny pieces of resin onto a waxed chart. You can make stunning pictures, and it is very fashionable right now.
Diamond painting kits contain everything you need to complete your design. There are endless pictures to choose from; anything from animals to fairies to flowers, you’re sure to find something you love.
How Do I Do It?
- First, you peel back the plastic covering the area you want to work on.
- Then, you dip the nib of the pen into the block of adhesive and use the tool to pick up one of the resin pieces.
- Gently place the resin piece in the appropriate place on the canvas (it will be printed with squares labelled by colour).
- Nudge it firmly with the end of the tool to ensure it has stuck down.
- Pick up another piece and add that to the design too.
- Keep going.
Why Do Diamond Painting?
- It’s fun!
- It’s easy and very cheap; the kits cost hardly anything, and just one kit will last you a long time.
- Diamond painting is also calming, relaxing and is great for mindfulness. It takes you out of the hectic day-to-day stresses and gives you a little oasis of peace. Great for your mental health and managing stress!
- Everyone should have something creative to do, and diamond painting is another option to try. Being creative has proven benefits for your health, and this is so much fun you’ll have a blast doing it.
- You’ll have something beautiful to hang up in your home or give as a gift afterwards. Definitely an achievement.
Who Is It For?
Everyone! It’s an easy enough concept for even children to get, you just have to watch the tiny pieces. If you have really young kids there are kids’ kits available, or you can go for mosaic art instead, which is a similar concept. Mosaic art even comes in stick-on kits, so there won’t even be any mess for Mum or Dad to deal with.
Diamond painting is excellent for teenagers. There are designs for everyone, from lots of fantasy or space kits, animals and much more. If they love the vans at places like Manchester Van Sales why not get them a van-themed diamond painting to do?
For adults (like me) it offers an easy, fun and mindful activity that appeals to the creative side and helps you let go of the day’s stress.
Loved this? Find more of my craft content here: Cordless Glue Guns For Crafting on the Go.
Crafting is a fun way to spend your creative energy, and developing the creative side of your brain can help you problem-solve in other ways. Whether you want to make your crafting kit more portable, or you need a high-powered adhesive to help you complete projects from just about anywhere, battery-powered glue guns can be an excellent addition to your equipment stash. For us, Dungeons and Dragons players who make their own scenery, our cordless glue guns are always within reach.
What are Cordless Glue Guns?
Most of us have used classic glue guns in various craft projects from a young age. Hopefully, you haven’t been burned by the glue or the hot metal application tip! Even if you have received a minor burn or two, these adhesive applicators are convenient for many different projects and even repairs around the house. Cordless glue guns are even more versatile since you can store it in your car and use it for repairs or craft projects on the go. Unlike classic glue guns, these cordless glue applicators are charged and powered before you use it, either with your car’s 12V (10 amp) battery or refillable LEC™ (Liquid Energy Cell) batteries.
Features of a 12V Cordless Glue Gun
The cordless glue gun design that charges from your 12V car battery is very affordable at less than £35, and offers the following features:
- Power supply plugs into any vehicle’s 12V battery outlet (cigarette lighter)
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Adjustable trigger to fit different hand sizes
- Achieves variable glue outputs for each pull of the trigger
- Narrow profile for more accurate glue application
- Heats up quickly, reaching full operating temperature in just 5 minutes
- Easy-to-clean nozzle
Features of a LEC-Powered Cordless Glue Gun
The cordless glue gun powered by refillable LEC power technology is far more heavy-duty, and the price reflects this next-calibre of crafting equipment. However, the variety of applications for this powerful glue gun is nearly endless, with features such as:
- High standard design
- No need for batteries or electricity (runs on butane gas in refillable LECs)
- Full hand trigger and soft handle for comfort during use
- Easy start, push the gas dial-up and to the right, then press the ignition
- Quickly reaches operating temperature (just 5 minutes)
- Controlled by thermostat for optimal temperature efficiency and glue delivery
- Fast and easy refills to offer up to 90 minutes of operating time
Ways to Use Cordless Glue Guns
You can use your cordless glue gun in any of the ways that you would typically use a classic glue gun, but the cordless versions are much more heavy-duty. Their portable design also offers some unique options for use, including:
- Vehicle and Boat Trim Repairs. Re-apply trim and patch up any dings to your car, caravan or boat quickly and easily.
- Children’s Craft and Homework. The days of PVA and so on are gone when it comes to making school models. Homework is much more likely to make it to school in one piece when effectively glued-together.
- Paintless Dent Removal. Fill in or smooth over a dent to your vehicle or boat with your cordless glue gun.
- Exhibition Displays. Bring your cordless glue gun to the exhibition to set up your display in record time.
- Home Decor Installation. The LEC-powered gas glue gun is powerful enough to use installing flooring, carpet, and even ceramic tile.
- Theatre Prop Construction. The portable design of cordless glue guns makes them perfect for including in your prop-making kit so that you can build your props and sets without any hassle.
We have corded glue guns here but I am seriously considering investing in cordless glue guns, especially for our geeky craft pursuits. The outlaw may be more but the flexibility could be a winner!