Diamond painting is the latest craft phenomenon, but what is it, and how do you do it? Use this handy guide to answer all your questions so that you can get started.
What is Diamond Painting?
Diamond painting is the art of placing tiny pieces of resin onto a waxed chart. You can make stunning pictures, and it is very fashionable right now.
Diamond painting kits contain everything you need to complete your design. There are endless pictures to choose from; anything from animals to fairies to flowers, you’re sure to find something you love.
How Do I Do It?
- First, you peel back the plastic covering the area you want to work on.
- Then, you dip the nib of the pen into the block of adhesive and use the tool to pick up one of the resin pieces.
- Gently place the resin piece in the appropriate place on the canvas (it will be printed with squares labelled by colour).
- Nudge it firmly with the end of the tool to ensure it has stuck down.
- Pick up another piece and add that to the design too.
- Keep going.
Why Do Diamond Painting?
- It’s fun!
- It’s easy and very cheap; the kits cost hardly anything, and just one kit will last you a long time.
- Diamond painting is also calming, relaxing and is great for mindfulness. It takes you out of the hectic day-to-day stresses and gives you a little oasis of peace. Great for your mental health and managing stress!
- Everyone should have something creative to do, and diamond painting is another option to try. Being creative has proven benefits for your health, and this is so much fun you’ll have a blast doing it.
- You’ll have something beautiful to hang up in your home or give as a gift afterwards. Definitely an achievement.
Who Is It For?
Everyone! It’s an easy enough concept for even children to get, you just have to watch the tiny pieces. If you have really young kids there are kids’ kits available, or you can go for mosaic art instead, which is a similar concept. Mosaic art even comes in stick-on kits, so there won’t even be any mess for Mum or Dad to deal with.
Diamond painting is excellent for teenagers. There are designs for everyone, from lots of fantasy or space kits, animals and much more. If they love the vans at places like Manchester Van Sales why not get them a van-themed diamond painting to do?
For adults (like me) it offers an easy, fun and mindful activity that appeals to the creative side and helps you let go of the day’s stress.
Loved this? Find more of my craft content here: Cordless Glue Guns For Crafting on the Go.