To celebrate the launch of SupportiveBusinessMums.co.uk and Biz-Brand-Buzz! , Ces Loftus (known as @Ces_Creatively on Twitter) is giving away £750 worth of design and print. The print of business cards and flyers are being sponsored by Dorset Digital Print. Everyone who applies to #WIN will be given a fantastic free promotional feature on www.supportivebusinessmums.co.uk.
I am a huge fan of Ces’ and her work (one example being my website header!). I’ve spoken to Ces online many times but I didn’t realise until recently how and why she set her her new career. Ces is a mum of 3 from Poole. In May 2006 her 4th son was still born at full term and she has overcome adversity to make a successful new cyber career. Ces says…….
“When my son died I almost died too. During the following few years I had several miscarriages, was grief stricken and went through a rough time on many levels as I lost my business, got into debt and felt like my life was collapsing around me. Having worked as a brand image designer in agencies across the UK during my fifteen year career before becoming self employed, I set my business back up from scratch with no budget or funding in 2008. Purely by being innovative, self marketing and creating a biz brand buzz online I have taken my business from struggling to flourishing and I want to help other multitasking mums to do the same!“.
A remarkable goal to set yourself in the face of the tragedy she faced but one she has not only met but far surpassed!
So, whether you have an existing business or a new venture you can choose any of the following #WIN : professionally designed logo, twitter page, facebook fan page, flyer design and print, business card design and print, website or blog design, banner design, ebooks, and more.
HOW TO ENTER:
Email Ces via email@example.com and request an application form which will form the basis of a feature to promote your business on www.supportivebusinessmums.co.uk. All those who enter will be sent details of further opportunities to create a Buzz for your business through Biz Brand Buzz and Supportive Business Mums. Closing date for entries 22nd August 2011.
A great opportunity for someone starting out, looking to rebrand or someone needing an extra hand to get moving.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR COST EFFECTIVE BRANDING
1. Look at your branding from your ideal customer’s perspective. Do you stand out and give them good reasons to choose you?
2. Build credibility through a professional image, compelling content, savvy self promotion and great reviews. Make it easy for people to find and recognise your brand.
3. Be innovative and look for niche angles, collaborations and ways to promote yourself.
4. Maximise your potential to win business through your branded online presence with effective microsites, blogs, twitter usage and facebook fan pages.
5. Remember to engage. Great conversations lead to great opportunities. When people like you and your brand stands out in a positive way they will advocate your business.
Great advice! Don’t forget to visit Biz-Brand-Buzz to find out more about Ces, her work and the competition!