Could a pop-up shop put a spring in your home business? Unsurprisingly, the home startup market is fast becoming a competitive place. As well as starting something online, home business owners have to think about how to gain the edge. Some are finding that pop-up shops are the best way to do that.
In traditional business, commercial spaces are the most expensive outgoing imaginable. Luckily, it’s one that you can pretty much negate with pop-up shops designed by companies like https://www.design4retail.co.uk/about/retail-design/. These stores allow temporary physical spaces for even the smallest home startups. But how exactly could a pop-up shop put a spring in your home business?
Could a Pop-Up Shop Make Way for Multichannel Sales
According to a Harvard Business Review study, multichannel sales help retain 73% of customers, with shoppers spending around 9% more on brands they can interact with across 4+ channels. By taking a predominantly online business into a physical domain you may find significantly boost sales.
Remember that you want to appeal to as many potential clients as possible. Part of that is realising that some people prefer to shop online while others still value physical sales. As it stands, only 51% of the population prefers to do business online. That leaves 49% that you could still reach better with pop up shops alongside other physical market and sales opportunities.
Building Authentic Customer Relationships
As can be seen on sites like www.brainygecko.com, authenticity is vital to business-customer relationships. Sadly, reaching desired levels of authentic communication can be tough through a screen. That’s why countless online-only businesses struggle to achieve loyal customer bases. This is a barrier you can break with pop-up shops. By talking to customers in the flesh you can create those much-needed meaningful relationships. These should then translate into ongoing sales online in the future.
Low-Cost Ways to Test New Markets
Every business needs to know their prime audience, but it’s also sometimes vital to test new markets. Even online products can benefit from reaching new audiences or locations. The trouble is that spending a great deal on advertising in a new market can lead to wasted profits if efforts don’t land. That’s where a pop-up shop comes in. These offer a cheap and easy way to test whether customers from a new location/age group etc. are interested in what you offer. If all goes well, you can consider spending money to advertise to them or even consider buying commercial space in a new and interested area. If all goes wrong you find this out quickly and without wasting too much money that could be better spent elsewhere.
In short; a pop-up shop could put a spring in near enough any home business on the market, yours included. If you’re looking to expand, then, a pop-up is a pretty good way to do it.
Would this kind of sales and marketing opportunity work for you and your small business?